Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Army Dumbing Down?

I was looking at some other blogs and, for some reason I am not sure of, I landed at an article about the military lowering its recruitment standards. It refers to various Categories on "the military aptitude test" But doesn't say what it measures except to call what ever it measures 'military aptitude' and then proceed to talk about this 'military aptitude' as though it were equivalent to 'intelligence'. Now 'aptitude' is something quite different from 'intelligence' . A good definition is " Aptitudes are natural talents, special abilities for doing, or learning to do, certain kinds of things." I wonder if a little less 'military aptitude' in the Army might be safer for us all. I gotta figure that in the days when I served , before the end of the draft, the military aptitude was pretty low throughout the services but we seemed to do reasonably well. I sure do wonder what it takes to score a high 'military aptitude'. And it sure does make me nervous to think that the armed forces may be really stuffed with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home